Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Big Thank You Blog Friends

Well folks, how quickly a year flies by.... This Saturday is exactly 12 months since my first blog post. I look back at my first card for a K Werner colour challenge and squint my eyes. I definitely think I have improved a little. I have really enjoyed my time blogging and I know I have invested far too many hours into blog surfing but I just convince myself it's my hobby and I'll surf if I want to.

For those who don't know me, I have a beautiful 17 month old son Kyan, who for some reason has been unfortunate to have food intolerance issues. It has been quite a struggle for our little family at times, as Kyan at present, can only have a special formula which you cannot be allergic or intolerant to. The downside is it tastes awful and he has a feeding tube which we need to feed anything he doesn't take himself (which most times is not much at all) down. He is fed 5 times a day which means his last feed is around 10.30-11 at night. Quite often I am doing my blog surfing or making cards when I'm waiting up for his last feed. So, I guess I'm trying to say that I really enjoy checking out all the great blogs out there and playing along in challenges. It has made this challenging time in my life a little easier.

So, not only is this my 12 month anniversary, this is also POST NUMBER 100 for me. In the last 12 months I have been fortunate to win a few challenges and some blog candy along the way. It's such a lovely thing getting that little parcel rocking up to you in the post isn't it? So to celebrate my blogaversary and 100 posts I have a little something to give away. It won't be anything super flash, just some brads, eyelets and other crafting nick knacks. I'm still organising the prize and will post a picture soon. To win, all you need to do if leave a comment on this post and tell me your favourite technique (I'm always keen to try new things out and if you like, you can leave a link to your blog showing a card/scrap page using that technique). That's it...no need to link a post to your blog, no need to be a follower. In saying that, I am going to add the follower feature to my blog if you want to follow my adventures. I hadn't bothered before because I didn't think anyone besides my friends would want to follow me, but since I have 3 followers already without the feature, I though I should add it.

Well that sure has been a big long winded post from me. Entries for my little giveaway will end at midnight on the 21st of July and I'll use Random Org to pick a winner and notify on 22nd of July, all going well. I'll be back with a picture of the prize soon but I am going away Friday for a few days so if it doesn't happen tomorrow, it will be next week. If you got this far, give yourself a pat on the back...phew....

1 comment:

Chook said...

Oh Well, looks like no one wants to play :( I might try again another day.