Thursday, June 25, 2009

Makeesha's Sketch Challenge #9

My friend Lisa's little boy Dylan is having his 4th birthday party this weekend so what a great excuse to make a card and team it up with Keesh's latest challenge. This week it was a sketch challenge and here is our unusual sketch to work with which I turned around....

And here is my card. I've used basic grey card stock stamped with the canvas background stamp in versamark for the base. The tag is kiwi kiss also stamped with the canvas stamp but with kiwi kiss ink. I've also used whisper white with the edges blotted with baja breeze. The car is from Loads of Love and stamped with black, kiwi kiss and baja breeze. The sentiment is from Wow Flowers. I've also added a strip of DSP Urban Garden, some hemp twine, kiwi kiss/very vanilla ribbon and some pieces from hodgepodge hardware. Again my camera is not being nice to me so the photo is not real great. The card looks much nicer in real life. Until next time....bye bye.

2 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

I like how you managed to keep the clean, simple lines of the sketch for your card. Nicely executed.

Keesh said...

OH Helen this is such a fun & fabulous card! I love the colour combo too, as well as the ribbon, and embellishment! Thanks so much for playing! Love keesh x