Saturday, June 6, 2009

Baked Eggs Recipe

Hello all. I thought it has been a while since I had shared a recipe with you so here I am with one. Now personally, I cannot stand eggs, loathe them with a passion but my darling husband on the other hand loves them. I dislike eggs so much I cannot bear to wash up dishes that have had egg on them, can't kiss hubby until he has cleaned his teeth after eating them and sometimes I can't even stand being in a room that has had eggs cooking in there so I guess you get the picture about me and eggs.
The other day while I was waiting in the hairdressers I saw this recipe for baked eggs. Now I am unsure which mag to give credit too, I think it was Woman's Day and I don't remember exact quantities off the top of my head but basically this is what you do.
I make 2 at a time but you can make as many as you want. To start grab 2 ramekin dishes and spray a little spray oil in them. In the bottom put some ham. I just used shaved ham torn up and some eshallots chopped finely. Mix the two together. Crack one egg over the top and sprinkle a little bit of grated cheese over the top and put in the oven for 7 mins (I left them about 9 mins when I cooked them) on about 180-200 degrees. I've made them twice and the second time I added a little bit of chopped mushroom in too. So simple for a Sunday brunch and the best thing is the worse I need to do is just crack the egg. These don't leave a eggy smell in the house. I just serve it with a muffin. If you like eggs I'm sure you'll enjoy this.

No comments: