Friday, July 11, 2008

Three Cheers To The Starlight Children's Foundation

My little man and I had to spend last night in hospital. There are so many negative things I could go on about like having to move rooms during the night....let's not get me started, dinner....we won't go there either and trying to understand what the doctors are saying...that's always a favourite, but I won't bore you with all those details but one bright thing did happen. Two girls from the Starlight Children's Foundation visited the hospital and they did some lovely things for all the unwell kids there. One of the girls made a flower out of balloons for my boy and a butterfly to take home for his big sister. They played ukuleles and sung and did other activities like bead jewellery making. It was really lovely to see, so if I ever see them selling raffle tickets or fundraising, I'd only be too happy to help them out seeing what wonderful work they do.